Hi, my dear colleagues! I’ve shared a huge renewable energy resources CLIL unit with many activities for teenagers and advanced young learners on my free materials website, and it has 10+ activities! 👀 This material is suitable for teenagers and intermediate or advanced young learners. It can be done online or face-to-face.
Listening Activities, Brainstorming, Sorting Energy Resources
With this lesson, you will:
1. Brainstorm where does our power come from?;
2. Listen to the audio and discover what the most used energy resources in 2019 were;
3. Watch a video to check the answers;
4. Explore an interactive graph;
5. Sort the energy resources into 2 groups (renewable and non-renewable).
Concept Review, Listening and Reading Comprehension Activities
Let’s learn more about the 4 basic types of renewable energy resources and do a fact-check.
Every page has at least 2 mistakes!
Try to fact-check the given information and share the mistakes you found in the live lesson.
Don’t forget to complete the interactive vocabulary review!
Exploration, Debate and Designing a Sustainable Home Project
In this lesson, you will:
1. Explore renewable energy resources in your closest community;
2. Add reliable resources and report back to the class;
3. Have an interactive debate with a spinner;
4. Start developing a plan for your own sustainable home following the given steps.
GET THE INTERACTIVE MATERIAL (FREE)
You can also explore the link and see the student creations in a reflective blog post linked on all products. 🌍👏
The materials are 100% free, so please consider leaving a review when you download
What activities would you use to introduce renewable energy resources to your young learners? Are there some activities you like? Is there a way to make your English lessons more sustainable? Write in the comments or via the contact page.