Hello, my dear educators! This CLIL unit should help your young learners learn about plants in an engaging way and the materials/activities can be used online and face-to-face without any adaptations. Explore the units and enjoy the international Mother Earth Day!
How to take care of plants at home? – Unit 1
In unit 1 you will:
- Brainstorm what is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the word PLANTS;
- Discuss how to take care of a plant;
- Watch a TikTok video compilation with plant tips;
- Answer to listening comprehension questions;
- What are some plants we can have at home and what do they need to grow: An exploration!;
- Learn more: How to regrow vegetables at home?;
- Project: Start your bean plant growth diary + (a downloadable freebie diary).
Life Cycle of a Plant – Unit 2
In unit 2, you will:
- Discuss your bean diary you made in unit 1;
- Watch an interactive video and answer 11 comprehension questions;
- Explore the life cycle of a plant interactively;
- Play a matching game to review the life cycle of a plant;
- Be an online botanist explorer and then discuss in pairs!
Parts of a Plant – Unit 3
In unit 3 you will:
- Learn about parts of the plants;
- Match the parts of the plants interactively;
- Learn about the function of each part of the plant;
- Discuss different ways and describe how can we include more plants in the city;
- Explore how pollution impacts plants;
- Complete a reading comprehension;
- Assessment: Write a small summary of the whole unit.
Here’s a glimpse into one of the materials
What do you think about using CLIL materials to learn about plants in your ELS classroom? Do you have any activities that you would like to share? Did you enjoy these activities about plants for young learners? Please write in the comments or via the contact page, I would love to hear your opinion!
Click here to explore my store where 99% of materials are forever free!
All the materials except lesson plans and 30+ page interactive activity books will be free FOREVER! Why? Because sharing is caring, and 2020 hasn’t been kind to all of us. Please consider donating so I can keep making FREE materials for everyone and keep my website open for all of you.
Don’t forget to leave a review when you download materials! It’s just a minute of your time and it means a lot to me.
P.S. The store and the freebie library are not the same thing – the freebie library has some extra materials like conference presentations and webinar recordings which are not available in the store
The subscription link for the store is below my bio in every post.